Event ManagerGreater Boston
Gourmet Caterers is seeking an experienced Event Manager to manage special events at a variety of venues throughout the greater Boston area. Staging events in a wide range of size and scope, the Event Manager will manage the event set-up, the entire event and the breakdown, as well as supervising the service team, coordinating with the culinary and operations teams, all while ensuring quality standards are met. Additional responsibilities include direct client and guest interaction to fulfill needs during an event, on the job training and maintaining strong venue and vendor relationships. The Event Manager reports directly to the Director of Service.
The candidate must have 1-3 years’ experience in a high volume event environment with supervisory experience with a well-established off-premise caterer, event planning company and/or hotel operation. Extensive knowledge of event logistics and exceptional customer service skills coupled with extreme attention to detail are necessary as well as proven management skills, ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, exhibit a creative approach to problem solving and be a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform event pre-planning activities to include communication with sales manager, site visits, tastings and service plans with deployment of staff and event timing
- Work with sales managers to ensure the event is set-up and service is carried out according to the client and sales manager’s expectations, following the BEO.
- Attend select catering meetings for detailing execution of large events.
- Demonstrate clear and open communication with both FOH and BOH staff.
- Conduct accurate opening and closing liquor, rental and equipment inventories.
- Responsible for complete event execution which includes overseeing event set up, managing staff and working closely with our clients and sales managers to ensure successful, memorable events.
- This job requires the ability to perform the following: Standing for extended period of time carrying or lifting items up to 50lbs bending, stooping and kneeling
- At times, Event Managers may be expected to travel a distance to event venues at various locations throughout New England. Gourmet Caterers adheres to a policy of employment-at-will which allows either party to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
Conditions of Employment:
Although many of our events take place during the day, nights, weekend and holiday availability is required.
Please click “Apply Now” to email us with your completed application. Please attach resumé.